P. (833) 817-6506
645 Main Street
Nestled in the heart of the desirable Alexander Ave in downtown Penticton and steps from the Okanagan Lake is this enchanting half duplex offering a harmonious blend of comfort and style. Boasting 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, this home beckons with warmth and charm. The master bedroom, a haven of tranquility, features a private bath and walk-in closet, creating a serene retreat within. With an open-concep...
Overlooking the serene Skaha Lake and the endless South Okanagan sunsets in Penticton is this elegant 6-bedroom, 5-bathroom residence offering a luxurious and inviting living experience. The sweeping panoramic views of the surrounding landscape create a captivating backdrop for this exquisite home. With a design that seamlessly blends modern sophistication and timeless charm, this residence boasts a legal 3 o...
Welcome to this amazing lakeview home in the desirable Heritage Hills w/5 beds & 3 baths where 2/beds are in the walkout lakeview basement suite. It's the perfect place for your family to live comfortably with income potential. Walk inside to enjoy the high vaulted ceilings a bright open layout to entertain family and friends. The kitchen w/stainless steal appliances & a large raised peninsula is fantastic! T...
Quiet and comfortable living in this beautifully updated mobile home. This 2 bedroom/ 1 bathroom home features updated floors throughout, and a newly renovated kitchen which includes updated cabinets, counters, and appliances. Perfectly move in ready. Enjoy the sizable bonus room - extra space perfect for hobbies. The outside of this home offers many desirable features, including a long driveway with covered ...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Janet’s inspiration as a full service real estate professional is driven by “Creating Happy Clients”! She services the South Okanagan and connects buyers and sellers to help fulfill their real estate needs in a professional and friendly way. She is also an licensed insurance & financial processional so she can advise her clients on ways to protect their families, their assets and on creative opportunities to make their hard earn money work for them.
As a natural people person, she is inspired daily with her work because it changes constantly with every person she meets. “I focus on providing the best service possible in a time when service is being forgotten. This inspires me to learn more, to be better at what I do, and provide better service.”
Janet first came to the Okanagan in 2008 on a holiday with her husband, who was raised in Penticton, she immediately loved everything about Penticton: the people, the picturesque sceneries of lake, mountains and valleys, the weather, and of course the food and the wine. “This is a great community with all the necessary amenities to compliment the small town feel. I love that you can walk down the street and be greeted with a nice hello. This is truly a place to stay forever!”
I welcome you to come and explore the South Okanagan…